You can’t just wake up and decide… “I am going to be a social business starting today. I am going to do social, be social and kick some social butt. My clients will know I am social. My neighbors will know I am social. My world will know I am social… because I am social.”
Unfortunately it’s not that easy. Becoming a social business requires planning, goal setting, understanding of your customers, partners, relationships, the broader ecosystem, your brand, the market perception of your brand, internal culture, internal mindset, stakeholder buy-in and a million more details.
Time to simplify and humanize!
We must simplify instead of complicate the steps that will move us toward our goal. We can start small. We can simplify vs over complicate.
The heartbeat of social media is people. It’s people who write and send the tweets, take the photos, record the videos and engage in conversation. We must take a step back from the technology and embrace the human factor in order to zoom real results.
In this 10 minute episode of the Social Zoom Factor podcast, I put social media in a nutshell! The goal is to simplify social media and help marketing and business leaders better leverage, integrate and benefit from social media.
- What is social media in a nutshell?
- Importance of focusing on the human factor and not just tools and technology
- Doing social media vs being socially relevant
- Heartbeat of social media is people
- How online relationships are similar to offline relationships
- Twitter for Business in a Nutshell (episode 31)
- Twitter in a Nutshell: 12 Business Benefits (episode 32)
- Brand Humanization in a Nutshell (episode 5)
- Brand Humanization: Authenticity vs Transparency (episode 16)
- Social Trust Factor: Igniting Results with Trust and Authority (episode 20)
- Launch & Influencer Marketing Strategies for Startups, Entrepreneurs (episode 35)