Influence marketing is helping brands big and small ignite their online and offline communities, increase brand awareness and nurture powerful relationships when done right.
As with anything in marketing, business or life, there are some marketers doing it right and there are others who are burning more bridges than the ones they are trying to build. Many are doing it without really knowing they are damaging relationships.
I developed episode 121 of the Social Zoom Factor podcast with a goal to help marketers brand new to influence marketing as well as seasoned veterans get the most out of their influence marketing programs.
The goal of today’s podcast is to save you some heartache, wasted time and help you save your reputation along the way as you build, launch and execute your influencer marketing program.
I share with you tips in this podcast from my experience in working with brands of all sizes from startups to Fortune 100 brands helping them develop and execute influence marketing programs as well as from being an influencer myself.
In this 30 Minute Episode You Will Learn:
- Why and how brands are confusing spam with influence marketing
- How to choose the right influencers and avoid choosing the wrong influencers
- Importance of doing your research on influencers before reaching out to them
- The importance of the influencer being able to drive real action to help you achieve your business goals
- Why trust matters with influencers
- Building your team to succeed with influence marketing
- How to create value for the influencer as a top priority
- Importance of connecting the influencer with other people at your in person events
- Importance of respecting the influencer as a human being, not as a number to help you simply amplify your message
- How to decide if you should compensate influencers for their time
This is the fourth podcast episode in a series of conversations that will cover influencer marketing in detail. Take a listen and be sure to subscribe to the entire series on iTunes, Stitcher or SoundCloud!
- Audience Analysis Worksheet
- Influencer Marketing in a Nutshell (episode 96)
- Influence the Influencer -Co-Created Content in a Nutshell (Episode 97)
- Are You as Influential as You Think? (episode 98)
- Content Marketing in a Nutshell (episode 50)
- How to Develop a Content Marketing Framework and Plan (episode 7)
- Social media and Influencer Marketing Launch Strategies (episode 35)
- Why Employee Advocacy Requires C-Suite and Employee Skin in the Game (episode 70)
- The Social Employee: Ignite Your Employee to Brand Advocates
- 8 Steps to Develop a Social Business Plan (white paper)
- How to Build a Social Business Strategy & Plan (episode 14)
- How to Build a Social Business Strategy & Plan (white paper)
- Brand Humanization in a Nutshell (episode 5)