Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Creating content marketing assets that people want to share with their communities, audiences, friends and colleagues is the icing on the social media and online marketing cake.
When people share your content with their communities you are able to tap into the power of the OPC (other people’s content and community). You can exponentially increase the reach of your content within seconds when it is shared. Social media amplifies this like we have never seen with any other communication medium or platform.
Unfortunately even many smart and social savvy marketers have no clue how to truly produce content that is shareable. It’s not just about having the right share buttons on your blog or website or begging people to retweet. it comes down to trust, value, context and relevancy.
Many marketers are spending loads of time creating content but find that their content is still not being shared? Many new clients come to us with these problems and can’t understand why their content is still sitting on or within a silo that nobody knows about but them.
The truth is there may very well be solid reasons that your content is not being shared. Ask yourselves these questions…
- Do people trust you and your brand?
- Are you selling too hard versus focusing on establishing relationships?
- Are you providing real value?
- Does your content help people solve real problems?
- Does your content have a purpose other than to sell more of your products or services?
- Is your content easily understood by your readers, listeners or viewers?
Take a listen to the 131st episode of the Social Zoom Factor podcast to learn 10 tips to create content that is share worthy! Be sure to subscribe to the entire series on iTunes, Stitcher or SoundCloud!
In this 25 minute podcast you will learn:
- The power of creating share worthy content
- How to create content that people trust
- Why you must humanize your content
- The power of connecting with your audience in a human, emotional way
- How to create content that people want to not only share but shout about from a mountain top
- Why it’s about relevancy, value and context
- How to create content that inspires your audience to take action
- Why accuracy of your content matters
- Why you absolutely must know your audience
- Digital Body Language: 105 Factors Impacting Your Brand (white paper)
- Know Your Audience! Audience Analysis Worksheet
- You Are the Media: 10 Reasons You Need a Blog (episode 111)
- Is Your Content Worthy of a Share? (blog post)
- Tapping into the Power of the OPC: other people’s content & community (episode 44)
- 15 Characteristics of Human Brands (episode 55)
- Content Editorial Calendar Template (worksheet / template)
- Content Editorial Calendar Podcast Tutorial (episode 77)
- How to Develop a Content Marketing Framework and Plan (episode 7)
Free webinars: We are also launching a series of webinars and training opportunities to dig even deeper. Sign up here-> You are the Media – Building Your Media Foundation
let’s get social!