Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Content marketing is not just a fancy buzzword or a shiny object invented via Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook.
Smart marketers and successful brands have learned that they are the media and that thinking and working like a publisher helps them inspire and connect with their audiences, customers and stakeholders in ways they could never do with traditional, “throw the social content spaghetti at the wall and hope it sticks” style of marketing.
Content marketing is at the foundation of every business of every size. Regardless of your industry, niche, age of company or primary communication medium used, you better have a content marketing strategy to connect you and your brand with your target audience, customers, partners and stakeholders.
This episode of the Social Zoom Factor podcast provides a tutorial for how to use our new 2015 Content Marketing Editorial Calendar. Download the calendar here-> 2015 Content Marketing Editorial Calendar Template
What is content marketing?
Content marketing is an umbrella term encompassing all marketing formats that involve the creation and sharing of content in order to engage current and potential consumer bases. Content marketing subscribes to the notion that delivering high-quality, relevant and valuable information to prospects and customers drives profitable consumer action. Content marketing has benefits in terms of retaining reader attention and improving brand loyalty.
Editorial calendars are important because they:
- Help you focus on needs of your audience
- Help you inspire and connect with your audience
- Help you provide value to your audience
- Force you to think further than today and tomorrow
- Help you integrate across mediums
- Leverage across mediums, different audiences
- Create once, use many (= increased ROI)
- Streamline resources
- Drive internal teamwork
- Fuel idea generation and innovation
- Create a drumbeat approach to content development
- Help set expectations with your audience
- Help you create loyal brand evangelists
Editorial Calendar Highlights
- Monthly conversation theme.
- Weekly conversation theme.
- Blog post title.
- Target audiences (primary, secondary & tertiary)
- Purchase cycle (awareness, consideration, preference, purchase, loyalty)
- Draft due date
- Primary keywords (5-10)
- Blog categories
- Supporting image(s)
- Other supporting media (image, video, podcast)
- Embed in other resource kits or publications
- Possible whitepaper (y/n)
- Client testimonial / graphics
- Call to action
- Tutorial for how to use our new Content Marketing Editorial Calendar Template for 2015
- Content marketing definition
- Why you manage your content marketing like a publisher
- Benefits of using a content marketing editorial calendar
- The importance of knowing your audience
- Leveraging content you already have to increase business results and ROI
- Content Marketing Editorial Calendar Template for 2015
- Audience analysis worksheet to help you identify and prioritize your top audiences.
- Content Marketing in a Nutshell (episode 50)
- How to Create a Content Marketing Framework, Strategy & Plan (episode 7)
- Content Marketing ROI: Leverage Content You Already Have (episode 30)
- 10 Things You Must Know About Your Audience (episode 4)
- Brand Humanization in a Nutshell (episode 5)
- 8 Steps to Develop a Social Business Plan and Strategy (white paper)
- Social Media Audit, Consulting and Marketing Services from Marketing Nutz Agency
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.