Podcast: Play in new window | Download
If you are new to content marketing, digital marketing or social media you may have heard the term “evergreen marketing” by the experts and not been certain what it is or why you need it. It’s often a term that is thrown around by even top industry experts who don’t develop or implement evergreen content marketing best practices themselves.
Evergreen content is content that is timeless, sustainable and has a shelf life longer than the latest Facebook feature or favorite mobile application. Evergreen content is foundational to helping your ideal client and audience solve their smallest and biggest problems. When done right evergreen content will drive continuous traffic to your blog. It’s then up to you to make sure you can convert a large percentage of that traffic into community members, new friends or even sales.
So what is evergreen content marketing and how can it help you achieve your business and marketing goals? Why should you care about evergreen content?
If you would like to know the answers to these questions, today is your lucky day as the 167th episode of the Social Zoom Factor podcast puts evergreen content marketing in a nutshell. We also provide 15 types of evergreen content you can start creating and implementing today to help you better connect with your audience, build community, increase brand awareness and increase sales.
Take a listen to the episode and be sure to subscribe to the entire series on iTunes, Stitcher or SoundCloud!
In this 40 minute podcast you will learn:
- Evergreen content marketing in a nutshell – what is it and what it is not
- 15 types of evergreen content marketing you can start implementing today
- Top business and marketing benefits of creating evergreen content
- Why evergreen content must be relevant, timeless and sustainable
- Importance of knowing your ideal customer, industry and niche
- Why you must inspire, inform, educate, entertain and delight your audience
- Why success is in the details and the importance of information rich content
- Why less is not always more when it comes to evergreen content marketing
- Why Google loves evergreen content
- How to tap into the power of industry influencers and leaders to curate evergreen content
- How to easily curate content that has a long shelf life
- How to leverage one piece of quality content to create multiple additional pieces of evergreen content
- How to Build an Integrated Social & Digital Platform that Works When You Aren’t Working
- Brand Storytelling in a Nutshell
- How to Increase Organic Blog and Website Traffic
- 10 Tips to Maximize Business Results with Guest Blogging and Content Syndication
- 15 Steps to Build a Mobile Marketing Plan
- Google Mobile Friendly Update in a Nutshell – What You Need to Know
- Earned, Owned and Paid Media in a Nutshell (episode 138)
- Influencer Marketing in a Nutshell (episode 96)
- How to Develop a Content Marketing Framework and Plan (episode 7)
- 8 Steps to Develop a Social Business Plan (white paper)
- You Are the Media: 10 Reasons You Need a Blog (episode 111)
Free webinars: We are also launching a series of webinars and training opportunities to dig even deeper. Sign up here-> You are the Media – Building Your Media Foundation
let’s get social!